Thursday 16 December 2010

Shape/Colours/ Military Research





Alexander Mc Queen: This dress is an inspiration to me. This is because it contains multi-tone Samurai print, which relates to my idea of using a printing technique on my garment. The dress has several shapes which I have noticed acsend in size. my thoughts on this are that when the garment is wornm, the smaller shape at the top will make the top part of the body look smaller which will give an impression of a curvy body.


The colours used are multi-tone gold, red and blue. The gold is used to emphasise the importance of a Samurai, as well as wealth. It can be suggested that the artist used gold to bring back the classic style of the 19th century. After reflecting on this, I realised that red is used to give a much vivid appearance to the dress making it more appealing.
The round neck creates a classic and feminine look for the dress. The capped sleeves are shaped upwards, perhaps to give a much wider shoulder: again helping the body look much curvier.

Military 

Military fashion began after war world 2, as there was no job except working for the army. The only cloths people had was their military clothe given to them , so from then ,military fashion began.  


Military Camouflage 





Military camouflage   became an essential part of modern military tactics after the increase in accuracy and rate of fire of weapons during the 19th century. Until the 19th century armies tended to use bright colors and bold, impressive designs. These were considered to daunt the enemy, foster unit cohesion, allow easier identification of units in the fog of war, and attract recruits.
British Military 


British Camouflage 



Military fashion today 





Other Military Wear 



Indian 


Chinese 


Italian 

Ranks 


Other ranks 

Indian Ranks 


Chinese Ranks




After my research I  sat down and came out with new ideas for my garment with are found below.
Garment Ideas 


Am planing to have a camouflage print with lots of bows at the
 left side and 2 big bows to cover the pockets. 

Or
 t

Or  I could get a plan mack and work with it for my final piece.



Or i could get a bandanna and print camouflage on it as my final piece 



Or make a balaclava  out of camouflage. 


1 comment: