Thursday 16 December 2010

1st Garment/ Manipulation on fabrics


I have to get a garment from a charity shop so I went and bough this garment. I chose this one because is white and plan; which will allow me to do loads of experiment with it. 

Tutorial with Chris 

Today i had a section with Chris and he advised me to research on :
  • Shape
  • Colours
  • Military
which will link to my previous post cards inspiration and help me improve my work.


A sketch of my original garment. 


This is what am plaining to do for my garment 


This are some shape experiment that I have done by looking at my Tate Modem post card by using different types of fabric with different fabric. I've realised this experiment aren't enough just to 
cut out shapes.


 I just cut out some leafs fabric to experiment and manipulated the fabric into a shape. 


Experiment/manipulation with some plastic fabric. I had to used stapler to help keep the shape wanted as the material had a characteristic of being silky making it hard to work with while manipulating it.



Here are  my little manipulating work on fabric. Overall, the I find the experiments unsuccessful because i worked in small scale, I think if I worked in a larger scale in my experiment would have help me understand and manipulate the fabric better.The last experiment is more appealing for me, perhaps because I used vivid paint colours which mad the appearance of the experiment more effective. 




No comments:

Post a Comment